Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Getting Started.

From time to time we've all wondered "what am I doing here?" and though this is normally a personal and somewhat existential question, today I will answer that question as it lies, in regards to what I am doing here, on blogger, writing, again.

The idea for a review blog came about randomly one night, after I drank a cup of  Sleepytime Sinus Soother from Celestial Seasonings, I've enjoyed Celestial Seasonings teas for the majority of my life, and they are hands down my favorite brand of tea.

My favorite has always been their "Sleepytime" tea and their "Sleepytime Extra" so when my Mother in Law bought me a package of Sleepytime Sinus Soother,



I was excited to try it, in fact I was so excited to try it I did so without really even needing to have my sinuses soothed.

The tea tasted fantastic, and the little bit of sinus congestion I had dwindled away, unfortunately so did any element of sleepiness.

Within 15 minutes of ingesting the tea I began to feel more awake than I had prior, then I began to twitch, sleep was not anywhere on the game plan, my sinuses were clear and I was wide awake, I did suspect the tea was the culprit but dismissed that idea because hey it was "Sleepytime" right? Well, yes and no, turns out the tea has a number of herbal "stimulants" nothing that really should have kept me awake to such a degree, but as I don't normally ingest a lot of stimulants and since I wasn't really sick I deduced that the tea really had been what wired me until 3 am.

A few weeks later I came down with a pretty wicked cold, I was stuffed up and congested in pretty much every way you can be stuffed up and congested, so I thought, in between nose blowing and coughing that this would be the perfect time to try the tea again.

So I did, and this time I noticed that not only did it clear up my sinuses, but it didn't wire me, in fact it made me sleepy.

Herbal remedies are a bit different than pharmaceutical drugs I mean if you take an aspirin and you don't have a headache its not going to give you one, but it seems that herbs can often have different effects and taking remedies you don't need could have unexpected results!

But I learned my lesson, found a great tea for when I'm sick and came up with an unoriginal yet fun idea for a blog.

Not too bad eh?

So here we are, back to today and why I'm here, I think I just explained that, yes, I'm here to review things, to impart consumer insight and shed some humor on shopping.

I've no idea what I'm reviewing next so if you have something you'd like me to review or something you need an opinion on, drop me an email or a comment and we can work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!