Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I've rhythm, I've got (in)sole.

I signed up for the Dr. Scholl's For Her™ BzzCampaign via BzzAgent a few weeks ago, and got my BzzKit over the weekend.  It contained a pair of High Heel insoles and some coupons for that product. Excited to try the insoles, I debated at first which pair of shoes to put them in but in the end I decided on my daily heels, the ones I wear 9 hours a day at work. These aren't uncomfortable shoes, but I figured the insoles would make them really comfy.

I was wrong.

Excitedly I put the insoles in on Monday morning, I struggled with them a bit, my shoes are strappy and the insole kept sticking to the straps, but I eventually got them in and straight.

I slipped my feet in and noticed the straps were a bit tight, but they loosened up quickly. I didn't notice any added cushioning in the heel or toe, in fact my shoes didn't feel any different aside from one thing.

The arch support.

It was uncomfortable, wasn't so much a cushion as a bump, a bump that pressed into the arch of my foot.

Maybe I just have weird arches, I thought, or maybe I just need to get used them. I decided I would give myself a few days to get used to them.

I never got used to them.

Sadly these insoles made my heels worse than they'd been without the insoles. After 2 days of wearing them I couldn't take the discomfort of the arch support anymore and removed the insoles, but prior to giving up on these I switched heels just to see if maybe it was the shoe itself, no such luck, it looks like no matter the heel height or shape these insoles just dig into the arch of my foot.

So its not the shoes.

It might be my feet. I'm not going to describe my feet to you, but I have had odd issues with shoes before, so it might be my feet. In fact I am leaning toward that theory because I've talked to women who LOVE these insoles, so I think its just me.

This is one of those products that is impossible to give a catch all review for, everyone's feet are different, for me it is far more uncomfortable for me to have a something in the arch of my foot than it is for me to walk on the ball of my foot. However you could be the opposite.

Dr. Scholl's is a well known and respected company for foot care products, and sure, even great companies can have a bad product, but I really think its just my feet and the way I walk, not the insoles themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!